Exploration

1935 discovery of the cave by Robert de Joly and 4 other cavers on the 19th of August
1939 official opening to the public
1965 discovery of a further 2 km of underground systems by Jean-Charles Trébuchon and the Vallon-Pont-d’Arc caving club
1966 discovery by the same team of the final section, which has since become a nature reserve
2000 work carried out to meet requirements for listing as a Grand Site de France
2004 listed as a Grand Site de France
2010 renewal of listing as a Grand Site de France
2013 award of the Qualité Tourisme label
2014 new chambers discovered by local cavers

Haut